This evidence-informed course will enable you to develop the skills and knowledge to cultivate a strong strategic approach to the development and implementation of a whole school approach to mental health including developing a clear vision / intent statement, auditing your existing mental health provision, developing your whole school policy and developing a clear, focused strategic plan for a whole school approach to mental health.
The programme will follow the below structure.
- Preparation - School Audit
Upon booking, you will be provided with access to a 1 hour on-demand course on 'how to complete a whole school audit'. You must allow adequate time to watch the course and to complete the audit in school (3-6 hours). Please note the audit must be completed before your attendance to day 1.
- Day 1 - Activity Day
With your audit completed, you will attend a trainer-led activity day, including a coaching workshop which will support in creating a plan. It is imperative that you bring your completed audit with you, ideally in digital form.
- Day 2 - Coaching
You will attend a 1 hour personalised virtual coaching session on creating your plan. The time for your coaching session will be agreed by the trainer during day 1.
In addition to the above, you will be provided with ongoing email support across the programme.
Key outcomes of these training sessions include:
- Understanding of the role of the Senior Mental Health Lead and its importance within education and your school
- Developing confidence and an understanding of how to be a key strategic leader within your school setting and hone your leadership skills
- Auditing your mental health provision
- Understanding approaches to developing a mentally health school ethos, culture and environments for both pupils and staff
- Developing a holistic, graduated approach to pupil and staff mental health within your whole school approach
- Accessing resources and best practice examples from experienced school leaders and mental health advocates to support your whole school approach
- Mental health leaders
- Newly appointed senior leaders
This course has been assured for DfE grant-funded senior mental health lead training.